tuscany-user mailing list archives

From "Millies, Sebastian" <Sebastian.Mill...@softwareag.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic service references ?
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 13:00:31 GMT

[snip]
> Thanks for confirming this.  That's actually a more serious problem
> because it violates the SCA specification requirement that service
> references must support Java serialization and deserialization.
>
> Please can you create a JIRA for this and if possible attach a
> test case that shows the problem.  If this isn't practical because
> the problem only shows up when you're using SAP as the server, please
> include all the client-side information including the composites and
> bindings for the service reference.  Please also include the XML string
> that's produced when you serialize the service reference to XML.
>
> I know very little about how authentication works, but I'll see if
> I can spot anything when I see the additional information.
>
>    Simon
>
> > -- Sebastian

Hello Simon,

I have not been able to reproduce the original authentication error,
but instead get a WSDL generation error even during the deserialization stage
(i. e. before making any service call) because no WSDL definition is found for
the deserialized binding.

I attach modified versions of two Tuscany samples. In helloworld-ws-service-secure
I have modified the definitions.xml to use BasicAuthenticationPolicySet, as in my
original setup with SAP. In helloworld-ws-reference-secure I have split the
HelloWorldService interface into a part referring to the external web service,
and a part containing additional methods that attempt the remote call while
first serializing the embedded reference. I have deleted the test class
just tested the Socket connection.

You can try starting the service component with "ant run" and then manually
starting (no build target) helloworld.HelloWorldClientTestCase in the client component.
This test case contains two new tests, one with "normal" serialization, one with
your coding for explicit XML serialization.

I have added some elements to the composite file and some annotations to the coding
(both hopefully redundant) in order to get clearer about the code structure. (Did I ever
mention that I do not like frameworks inferring stuff on their own? Just too much
opportunity for error through oversight, I much prefer saying it all explicitly.)

I'll wait with opening any JIRA for this putative serialization  problem until you
have had time to have a look at this.

-- Sebastian
IDS Scheer Consulting GmbH
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Kamyar Niroumand, Ivo Totev
register: Saarbrücken HRB 19681
http://www.softwareag.com