tuscany-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Millies, Sebastian" <Sebastian.Mill...@softwareag.com>
Subject Re: Wrong result type in web service operation
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:08:18 GMT
>From: scottkurz@gmail.com [mailto:scottkurz@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Scott Kurz
>Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 4:56 PM
>To: user@tuscany.apache.org
>Subject: Re: Wrong result type in web service operation
>Good question.
>I had a similar thought after sending the first email just now which is why I
>had the idea to send the second.
>In your SCDL you do this:
>    <sca:reference name="bapiCostcenterGetList" requires="sca:authentication">
>      <sca:interface.java interface="bapi.costcentergetlist.ZWSBAPICOSTCENTERGETLISTRemote"/>
>This will actually cause Tuscany to generate a WSDL at the impl level (by "level",
>I'm referring to an internal, implementation detail), even though one is specified
>at the binding level (where the endpoint address will come from).
>(Of course, the WSDLs should be compatible.)
>Try replacing the interface configuration with this:
>    <sca:reference name="bapiCostcenterGetList" requires="sca:authentication">
>      <sca:interface.wsdl interface="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions#wsdl.interface(ZWS_BAPI_COSTCENTER_GETLIST)"
>That's just the QName of your portType pieced apart into the SCDL syntax.
>Apologies for all the back and forth here... while I remembered TUSCANY-3824
>enough to know we have some issues here, I do not remember every problematic
>detail here.   In case it turns out there is yet another quirk to sort through
>after this change, I'll apologize in advance...  but hopefully we can figure
>out something which will work soon.

oh, I see, I did not realize that about interface.java.

But I still get the same "Virtual Interface Method not supported" error,
even with interface.wsdl. So perhaps the Tuscany problem is one with the
bare parameter style in general, even without explicit or implicit wsdl

Just to cover all possibilities, I also tried specifying the wsdlElement
attribute (instead of uri) to make binding information from the wsdl available
to the reference:


But nothing doing. So  I guess the binding information from the wsdl (document/literal) probably
corresponds to the values that are automatically used by Tuscany anyway.

-- Sebastian
IDS Scheer Consulting GmbH
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Kamyar Niroumand, Ivo Totev
Sitz/Registered office: Altenkesseler Straße 17, 66115 Saarbrücken, Germany - Registergericht/Commercial
register: Saarbrücken HRB 19681

View raw message