tuscany-user mailing list archives

From "Millies, Sebastian" <Sebastian.Mill...@softwareag.com>
Subject Re: Wrong result type in web service operation
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 14:17:08 GMT

[snip]
> > yes, I did. However, I deleted the JAX-WS annotations and added
> > @Remotable instead, because the second paragraph of this post by
> > Simon Nash said so:
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/user@tuscany.apache.org/msg03426.html
> >
> Actually the referenced post says that you can either use the
> artifacts that are generated by JAX-WS, or you can delete the JAX-WS
> annotations and create an SCA remotable interface instead.  From this
> discussion it appears that the latter approach works in most cases
> but not in all cases.
>
> I believe that it is also possible to use JAX-WS annotations in
> addition to the @Remotable annotation, but I don't have detailed
> knowledge of what combinations work when doing this.
>
>    Simon

I've played around with this a bit, and it seems that the JAX-WS
annotations @WebService, @WebMethod, @WebResult and @WebParam
are fully compatible with the @Remotable annotation, i. e. the behaviour
is the same in my example whether the JAX-WS annotations are present
or not. However, for the non-wrapped style wsdl, @SOAPBinding is required,
as Scott has pointed out.

I now have the following situation: With the wrapped style, I can make
a call to the external SAP web service, facing the restriction to
a single holder, and hence a single output type.

With the non-wrapped style (and otherwise identical wsdl and SCA composite),
I get a SOAP-fault from SAP
  "Virtual Interface Method >BAPI_COSTCENTER_GETLIST::< not supported"
Somehow it thinks I'm calling the wrong operation. I wonder were the
two colons come from, are they an artefact on the SAP side, or does
Tuscany mistakenly add them at the calling side. Axis debugging gave me no clue.

Has anyone encountered this sort of problem with web service clients using
a wsdl with enableWrapperStyle=false ?

-- Sebastian

IDS Scheer Consulting GmbH
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Kamyar Niroumand, Ivo Totev
register: Saarbrücken HRB 19681
http://www.softwareag.com