tuscany-user mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Webapp Configuration: with multiple Contribution / Composites
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 19:20:43 GMT
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Monosij Dutta-Roy
<monosij.forums@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Raymond
> Thanks for your response. I don't know if you got those composites from the
> war but here are my 3 composites attached.
> I think the references are ok. I did make sure they are.
> It is not the same as you show below - which means maybe there is maven
> packaging issue?
> The dependency is as follows: qmWebApp > qmController > entitBCA.
> I did a mvn clean - and mvn package - before a mvn jetty:run
> And to answer your ques - I have (as far as I understand) 1 web app - with 2
> dependent components.
> Yes they are to the same Jetty (under Maven).
> Hope that helps.
> I will be taking a look at the war file again and the composites in it when
> I get back later today.
> Thanks a lot.
> monosij
>
> On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Raymond Feng <enjoyjava@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> By looking at the web.composite file you have:
>> <composite xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903"
>>            xmlns:tuscany="http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/sca/1.1"
>>            targetNamespace="http://com.bca.app"
>>            name="qmApp">
>>     <!-- component name="qmAppWebComponent">
>>         <implementation.web web-uri=""/>
>>         <reference name="service" target="QueryServiceComponent"/>
>>     </component>
>>     <component name="QueryControllerComponent">
>>         <implementation.java class="com.bca.qm.QueryControllerImpl"/-->
>>     </component>
>>     <component name="QueryService">
>>         <implementation.java class="com.bca.pearl.app.QueryServiceImpl"/>
>>     </component>
>> </composite>
>> There are two issues:
>> 1) The target attribute doesn't match the component name (red)
>> 2) There is no reference under QueryService component
>> to QueryControllerComponent
>> Thanks,
>> Raymond
>> Raymond Feng
>> rfeng@apache.org
>> Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
>> Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
>> Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com
>> On Apr 4, 2011, at 8:33 AM, Monosij Dutta-Roy wrote:
>>
>> As requested here are the attached files.
>>
>> Thanks for taking a look at my war. Its attached along with the three
>> composites and two contributions.
>> It contains the dependent jars: entityBCA and qmController.
>> The errors I get is in the earlier part of the thread.
>> I am trying to create a basic db search app with three components.
>> So the structure is as follows:
>> ----------
>> entityBCA - domain.composite - sca-contribution.xml - pom.xml
>> has domain objects such as patients, addresses.
>> qmController - querycontroller.composite - sca-contribution.xml - pom.xml
>> a search controller that has a searchComposer and searchExecutor.
>> qmApp - web.composite - no sca-contribution.xml
> [...]

Hi monosij,

I don't think Tuscany 1.x or 2.0-M4 supported multiple SCA
contribution within the WEB-INF/lib folder, there may be a way I'm not
remembering but I don't think so. If you put SCA contributions jars
into WEB-INF/lib they are just treated as regular jars not SCA
contributions and any .composite or sca-contribution.xml files within
are ignored.

There is a way to do this since 2.0-M5 by putting the contributions
into a folder name WEB-INF/sca-contributions. There is a sample which
demonstrates this that we have just added to the trunk samples, so its
pom.xml shows what you need to do, see
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/samples/getting-started/helloworld-webapp/

Note that when you update to the later Tuscany 2.x releases that the
SCA namespace changed so you will need to update your contributions.
The change is in your .composite and sca-contribution.xml files should
have xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200912" - note
12 at the end instead of the 03 that 2.0-M4 used.

Give it a try with the latest Tuscany release - 2.0-Beta2 - and let us
know how you get on.

   ...ant