tuscany-user mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: regards my earlier questions on webapp with multiple composites / components
Date Tue, 12 Apr 2011 07:21:25 GMT
On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 7:10 AM, Monosij Dutta-Roy
<monosij.forums@gmail.com> wrote:

> Clarification seeking on which is the way to go - with my interpretation as:
> ANT's statement says that with 2.0-Beta2 I should be able to do multiple
> components / composites for a webapp as long as I put them in the
> WEB-INF/sca-contributions folder. So it should work just by putting it there
> and I intend to try it out as per the example.
> However, I am interpreting SIMON's statement as a best practice - and will
> be necessary to run the QueryController in a scalable manner such as
> multiple nodes. So in this approach the QueryController has nothing to do
> with the webapp but will be invoked by the webapp as needed through the
> binding.ws - and this leaves me free to change webapp framework / UI without
> worrying about backend logic.
> However just for now to get things running and make sure configs and such
> are set correctly I can get by using the approach Ant suggests. However this
> approach won't be scalable in a way SCA is meant to scale - but will be good
> for the prototyping phase - including set up db interconnectivity through
> DAS and such - and then when ready figure out the deployment / scaling
> aspect in running across multiple nodes put in the ws.bindings and
> deployment scenarios.

One of the goals of Tuscany/SCA is to make the distribution of
components simpler, so you need to worry less about things like using
ws.bindings in your composites because the Tuscany runtime
infrastructure handles the remote communications for you.

As an example, the helloworld-webapp sample does include the
contribution from the helloworld sample but if you remove that
contribution from the webapp and run the helloworld sample separately
and start both with the distributed domain support enabled then the
webapp will continue to work and will use the remote helloworld
service.

   ...ant