tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Simon Nash <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: error on ArrayList return from a contribution
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 09:06:21 GMT
Monosij Dutta-Roy wrote:
> Btw I guess the serialization is occurring when returning to the webapp
> layer. As I am passing around a HashMap and returning a String between
> Orchestrator and Composer.

The original email about this said that the problem occured when
passing an ArrayList.  Whether it's a HashMap or an ArrayList doesn't
really matter, because the problem is to do with serializing the contents
of a collection of objects across a remotable interface.  Somewhere within
the collection's contents there is a reference to a Java proxy, which can't
be serialized.  This needs to be changed to a ServiceReference.

> So should I try to make the QueryResult a JAXB compatible object at this
> time as well - would that be in line with a ServiceReference object and
> solve things long term.

I think the first step should be to fix the current problem by changing
your remotable interfaces to pass ServiceReference objects instead of
Java proxies.  When you have that working, you can convert to JAXB as
a next step.  If you do the ServiceReference work first, you won't have
to change that part of the code when you do the JAXB work.

   Simon