tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Simon Nash <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: error on ArrayList return from a contribution
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 21:41:45 GMT
Monosij Dutta-Roy wrote:
> hi Simon, Raymond -
>
> Attaching the HTML file which shows the Caused By.
> Previously I was just sending you just the output on terminal.
>
> Also I am attaching a log file that is an error log created in the
> qmAppSCA01 directory (the webapp) on April 15. Don't know why or when -
> just discovered it thought it may be interest to you.
>
> And Simon - thanks for your responses on using JAXB compatible objects.
> Is that a problem for this right now - or should I worry about moving it
> once I go the ws.uri route.

For bindng.sca it should not be necessary to use JAXB types.

 From looking at the html file I think the problem is that you are trying
to serialize the Java proxy $proxy37.  This is presumably an SCA reference
to a service.  To solve this problem, you should replace this direct
reference (a Java proxy) by a ServiceReference object.  Tuscany is able
to serialize a ServiceReference, but it can't serialize a Java proxy.

   Simon

> [...]
>
>          sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
>                at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
>                ---------------------------------------------------------
>                When:
>                QueryControllerImpl in qmController
>                (QueryControllerComponent/QueryController) is attempting to
>                return the ArrayList of Persons to
>                QueryServiceImpl in qmAppSCA01
>
>                QueryControllerImpl in qmController being called:
>                public ArrayList<Person> getPatients(HashMap<String, String>
>                requestMap_) {
>                String query = queryComposer.getQuery(requestMap_);
>                ArrayList<Person> patients =
>         queryExecutor.getPatients(query);
>                return patients;
>                }
>                ---------------------------------------------------------
>                By:
>                QueryServiceImpl from qmAppSCA01:
>                public ArrayList<Person> getPatients(HashMap<String, String>
>                requestMap_) {
>                return queryController.getPatients(requestMap_);
>                }
>                ---------------------------------------------------------
>                Composte defs for QueryControllerComponent and
>         QueryServiceComponent
>                ---------------------------------------------------------
>                   <component name="QueryControllerComponent">
>                       <implementation.java
>                class="org.rd.qm.impl.QueryControllerImpl"/>
>                       <service name="QueryController">
>                           <interface.java
>         interface="org.rd.qm.QueryController"/>
>                       </service>
>                       <reference name="queryComposer"
>                target="QueryComposerComponent/QueryComposer">
>                           <interface.java
>         interface="org.rd.qm.QueryComposer"/>
>                       </reference>
>                       <reference name="queryExecutor"
>                target="QueryExecutorComponent/QueryExecutor">
>                           <interface.java
>         interface="org.rd.qm.QueryExecutor"/>
>                       </reference>
>                   </component>
>                ---------------------------------------------------------
>                   <component name="QueryServiceComponent">
>                       <implementation.java
>                class="org.rd.qm.impl.QueryServiceImpl"/>
>                       <service name="QueryService">
>                <interface.java interface="org.rd.qm.QueryService" />
>                       </service>
>                       <reference name="queryController"
>                target="QueryControllerComponent/QueryController">
>                        <interface.java
>         interface="org.rd.qm.QueryController" />
>                       </reference>
>                   </component>
>
>                Thanks for your help.
>
>                monosij

>     HTTP ERROR 500
>
> Problem accessing /qmAppSCA01/QueryServlet. Reason:
>
>     Pass-by-value is not supported for the given object: $Proxy37
>

>       Caused by:
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Pass-by-value is not supported for the given object:
$Proxy37