tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Webapp Configuration: with multiple Contribution / Composites
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 16:16:30 GMT
Hi, Monosij,

Do you have three separate web applications deployed to the same Tomcat/Jetty?

Thanks,
Raymond
Raymond Feng
rfeng@apache.org
Apache Tuscany PMC member and committer: tuscany.apache.org
Co-author of Tuscany SCA In Action book: www.tuscanyinaction.com
Personal Web Site: www.enjoyjava.com

On Apr 4, 2011, at 8:33 AM, Monosij Dutta-Roy wrote:

> As requested here are the attached files.
>
> Thanks for taking a look at my war. Its attached along with the three composites and
two contributions.
> It contains the dependent jars: entityBCA and qmController.
>
> The errors I get is in the earlier part of the thread.
>
> I am trying to create a basic db search app with three components.
>
> So the structure is as follows:
> ----------
> entityBCA - domain.composite - sca-contribution.xml - pom.xml
> has domain objects such as patients, addresses.
>
> qmController - querycontroller.composite - sca-contribution.xml - pom.xml
> a search controller that has a searchComposer and searchExecutor.
>
> qmApp - web.composite - no sca-contribution.xml
> the webapp which passes the query to qmController
> ----------
> What I was trying to figure out is - as you show in the examples - client do the entityBCA
and qmController need to be loaded as nodes?  Or does Tuscany within Jetty already do it?

> My goal is to keep the webapp framework - jsp / jsf and such completely separate from
the core components such that the front end technologies can be changed while configuring
the other components to be run in a distributed environment.
> ----------
> My background is Java / C++ and somewhat new to the JEE frameworks such as Tuscany, Maven
and such - so XML configs is a little new to me.

> Thanks a lot!
>
> monosij
>

> On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Simon Nash <nash@apache.org> wrote:
> Monosij Dutta-Roy wrote:
>
> New to Tuscany and following SCA in Action. Have a question on a webapp I created using
the Maven tasks.
> The webapp works fine as a single composite - broken up by several components.
> ------------------------
> However when I create several composites (different contributions using Maven tasks)
and wire them together - again webapp compiles and sets up in Jetty fine. When I hit a component
that has a reference in a separate composite I get an error as below:
> ------------------------
> Problem accessing /qmApp/. Reason:
>    org.oasisopen.sca.SCARuntimeException: Unable to bind (@31214809)EndpointReference:
 URI = QueryServiceComponent#reference(queryController) WIRED_TARGET_NOT_FOUND  Target = (@3751575)Endpoint:
 URI = QueryController#service(QueryControllerService) [Unresolved]

> The QueryController/QueryControllerService is setup as a reference.
> ------------------------
> Its a small app and I have looked at the configs in detail and think they are correct.
Of course Maven compiles all of them fine - and as I said deploys fine as well.

> However I am not sure I am loading the QueryController (the other contribution/composite/reference
- setup as a service) properly. I have checked the composite file quite thoroughly and relevant
code. I can upload them if needed.
> I assume when the war is build all the dependent jars are packaged in by Maven and when
Jetty starts the Tuscany API sorts out the dependencies? Or is there anything else I need
to do for this quite simple setup? But a setup that involves a webapp with different contributions.

> The reason I ask is also because the webapp generated by Maven does not have a sca-contribution.xml
file where I import / export other packages.