tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: sending objects to client browser
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 15:01:21 GMT
On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Willis C White<whiwill@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I want to send a data object to a client (web page) what is the best binding
> to use for this?
>
> Currently I am using the jsonrpc binding with dojo but I am not sure how to
> move from sending a String to sending a object. Do I change bindings or try
> to represent the data object (stings and integers) as a supported type?
>
> In looking at this page:
> http://tuscany.apache.org/sca-java-bindingjsonrpc.html
> The JSON-RPC binding utilize the Databinding Framework to provide support
> for the following data transformations :
>
> Primitive Type <==> JSON <==> Primitive Type
> Array of Primitive Type <==> JSON <==> Array of Primitive Type
> Java bean <==> JSON <==> Java bean
> List <==> JSON <==> List
> Map <==> JSON <==> Map
> Set <==> JSON <==> Set
>

> Could one of theses be used to represent a data object.
>

> Willis C White III
> IQ Technology Projects
> IBM CIO Technology & Innovation
> Home office 845 331-5134
> Cell 845 853-3827

Hi Willis

If you create POJOs to represent the complex types on your service
interface the jsonrpc binding should be able to marshal/unmarshal
these for you. See [1] for an example service implementation. In this
particular case the POJOs are generated SDOs but can just hand craft
POJOs.

Regards

Simon

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/branches/sca-java-1.x/demos/alert-aggregator-webapp/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/demos/aggregator/AlertsServiceImpl.java