tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: JMS binding processor, does not preserve file structure?
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 14:58:16 GMT
On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 3:06 PM, Andrew Mak<makandre@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hey Scott,
>
> So when you say "issues", do you mean that this is a bug that's intended to
> be fix at some point? (is there a jira?  I can open one if there isn't).  Or
> is this pretty working as designed?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew
>

> From: Scott Kurz <scottkurz@gmail.com>
> To: user@tuscany.apache.org
> Date: 06/17/2009 08:25 PM
> Subject: Re: JMS binding processor, does not preserve file structure?
> ________________________________
>

> Andrew,
>
> I don't think there is any such option and I think we have other
> similar issues where read/write produces equivalent but different XML,
> for example with certain defaults like the wireFormat (whether the
> default is explicitly specified or not,we'll still write out the
> default element).
>
> Scott

Hi Andrew

What you are seeing of course is the defaults that Tuscany uses in the
model if no input is provided. To write out only what was read in we
would have to keep some flags indicating which fields are default
values and which fields were specified by the user. We don't do that
at the moment.

Simon