tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Willis C White <whiw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject sending objects to client browser
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:41:12 GMT
I want to send a data object to a client (web page) what is the best
binding to use for this?

Currently I am using the jsonrpc binding with dojo but I am not sure how
to move from sending a String to sending a object. Do I change bindings or
try to represent the data object (stings and integers) as a supported
type?

In looking at this page:
http://tuscany.apache.org/sca-java-bindingjsonrpc.html
The JSON-RPC binding utilize the Databinding Framework to provide support
for the following data transformations :
Primitive Type <==> JSON <==> Primitive Type
Array of Primitive Type <==> JSON <==> Array of Primitive Type
Java bean <==> JSON <==> Java bean
List <==> JSON <==> List
Map <==> JSON <==> Map
Set <==> JSON <==> Set

Could one of theses be used to represent a data object.

Willis C White III
IQ Technology Projects
IBM CIO Technology & Innovation
Home office 845 331-5134