tuscany-user mailing list archives

From kelvin goodson <kelvingood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WS bindings and SDO
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 08:42:16 GMT
Hi Sebastien
  it's not clear to me whether you intend to use lines such as ...

 Laboratory lab = EntityFactory.INSTANCE.createLaboratory();

in your solution,  or whether this is just a quick piece of demo code.

If I understand this thread properly then I think you have solved your
problem, however, I would just like to comment that the line ...

Laboratory lab = EntityFactory.INSTANCE.createLaboratory();

is not the best way to create an SDO instance.  Maybe tyhis is just a
quick demo line of code,  but using the generated Factory instances
directly allows coding that might lead you to believe that you have a
good working SDO environment when you might not have.

As this thread has mentioned,  the SDO runtime needs to have metadat

2009/6/1 Sebastián Groh <sebastiangroh@gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>            Thanks Ant Elder, your Apache Tuscany SCA Java 1.5 released
> announce mail responded my last question on this list.
>
>           Raymond, the problem was fixed in version tuscany 1.5. I
> didn't need comment the service promotion.
> I have had the same exception when I tried something like this:
>
> 0.  public class BiochemicalCircleImpl implements BiochemicalCircle{
> 1.
> 2.     public Laboratory getLaboratory(String name) {
> 3.        if (name.length() < 5)
> 4.             return null;
> 5.        Laboratory lab = EntityFactory.INSTANCE.createLaboratory();
> 6.        lab.setName("Main Laboratory");
> 7.        return lab;
> 8.     }
> 9.  }
>
> If condition was true in line 3, null was returned an the exception was:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException:
> org.apache.tuscany.sdo.impl.AnyTypeDataObjectImpl
>
> otherwhise, all works perfectly!
>
> My solution was, create a Laboratory object with properties setted in
> null and change invocation logic assuming that always will return a
> Laboratory object. Empty Laboratories were considered when any of its
> properties was null.
>

> Thanks Raymond, and all people who responded to my earlier concerns.
> Best Regards,
>
>                         Sebastián Groh
>

> 2009/5/30 Sebastián Groh <sebastiangroh@gmail.com>
>>
>> Hello,
>>            Raymond, thanks for your answer. I've checked my mail late,
I see that you can test my example without my source files.
>> At the moment, I commented the service promotion as you suggest, and I'm trying to
download the latest 1.5 code
>> but I can't found that.
>>
>> Someone here knows how to download that version? I was reading Continuum and in version
says "1.6-SNAPSHOT" .

>> Have Tuscany SCA version 2.X implemented the same functionality that version 1.x?
>>
>> Raymond, will I found my errors fixed in version 2.X?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>>                Sebastián Groh
>>

>> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 3:57 AM, Raymond Feng <enjoyjava@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I just tried your test case (adding the classes/resources to the helloworld-ws-sdo
sample) with the latest 1.5 code. It works after I fixed an issue in the composite file:

>>> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
>>> <sca:composite xmlns:federation="http://eclipse.org/SCAExample1/src/resources/federation"
>>>   xmlns:sca="http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0" name="clinicalLaboratory"
>>>   targetNamespace="http://eclipse.org/SCAExample1/src/resources/clinicalLaboratory">
>>>
>>>   <sca:component name="BiochemicalCircleComponent">
>>>       <sca:implementation.java class="services.bcircle.BiochemicalCircleImpl"
/>
>>>       <sca:service name="BiochemicalCircle">
>>>           <sca:interface.java interface="services.bcircle.BiochemicalCircle"
/>
>>>           <sca:binding.ws uri="http://localhost:8080/SCA1/MyServiceComponent"
/>
>>>       </sca:service>
>>>   </sca:component>
>>>   <!--
>>>   <sca:service name="BiochemicalCircle" promote="BiochemicalCircleComponent/BiochemicalCircle"
/>
>>>    -->
>>> </sca:composite>
>>>
>>> Please note the service promotion is commented out as it triggers an issue in
Tuscany where the service promotion has the same URI as the internal binding.ws.

>>> Thanks,
>>> Raymond

open a JIRA and attach the test case there so that we can debug.". I opened a JIRA (link).
This is my first bug there. Can you tell me if I've posted enough information?
>>> Thanks,
>>>              Sebastián Groh

SCA

I'm