tuscany-user mailing list archives

From "Raymond Feng" <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: Problem with "implementation.osgi" reference
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:52:06 GMT
Hi,

Please see my comments inline.

Thanks,
Raymond

------------------------------------
BUNDLE CALCULATOR
------------------------------------
*****OSGI-INF/sca/bundle.composite. Two java components (Calculator and
AddService) and one OSGi component (TestService)

<rfeng>This is good.</rfeng>

<sca:composite xmlns:tuscany="http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/sca/1.1"
xmlns:sca="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903"
name="SensorNetworkManagement"
targetNamespace="http://eclipse.org/SensorNetworkManagement/src/main/resources/SensorNetworkManagement">

  <sca:component name="CalculatorComponent">
    <sca:implementation.java
class="es.amivital.calculatorservice2.CalculatorServiceImpl"/>
     <sca:service name="CalculatorService">
  <sca:binding.ws uri="http://localhost:8085/CalculatorComponent"/>
     </sca:service>

     <sca:reference name="addService" target="AddServiceComponent"/>
     <sca:reference name="testService"
target="TestServiceComponent/TestService"/>
  </sca:component>

  <sca:component name="AddServiceComponent">
    <sca:implementation.java
class="es.amivital.calculatorservice2.AddServiceImpl"/>
  </sca:component>

  <sca:component name="TestServiceComponent">
   <sca:implementation.osgi bundleSymbolicName="TestService"
bundleVersion="1.0.0"/>
  </sca:component>
</sca:composite>

*******OSGI-INF/sca/bundle.componentType
<rfeng>You don't need to provide this file. The componentType is only needed
for the OSGi component.</rfeng>

<componentType xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903"
               xmlns:t="http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/sca/1.1">
    <!-- The service elment defines an SCA view of the OSGi service -->
    <service name="CalculatorService">
        <!-- The interface will be mapped into the OSGi service class -->
        <interface.java
interface="es.amivital.calculatorservice2.CalculatorService"/>
        <!-- The list of OSGi properties -->

    </service>
</componentType>

-----------------------------------
BUNDLE TESTSERVICE
-------------------------------------

*******OSGI-INF/sca/bundle.componentType
<rfeng>This is good.</rfeng>

<componentType xmlns="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903"
               xmlns:t="http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/sca/1.1">
    <!-- The service elment defines an SCA view of the OSGi service -->
    <service name="TestService">
        <!-- The interface will be mapped into the OSGi service class -->
        <interface.java interface="es.amivital.testservice.Test"/>
        <!-- The list of OSGi properties -->

    </service>
</componentType>

*****OSGI-INF/sca/bundle.composite
<rfeng>This should be removed as the TestServiceComponent has been declared
in the calculator bundle composite.</rfeng>

<sca:composite xmlns:tuscany="http://tuscany.apache.org/xmlns/sca/1.1"
xmlns:sca="http://docs.oasis-open.org/ns/opencsa/sca/200903"
name="SensorNetworkManagement"
targetNamespace="http://eclipse.org/SensorNetworkManagement/src/main/resources/SensorNetworkManagement">

  <sca:component name="TestServiceComponent">
   <sca:implementation.java class="es.amivital.testservice.TestImpl"/>
  </sca:component>
</sca:composite>

It is necessary to have a bundle.composite file in TestService?? and
bundle.componentType?? Can I remove these files from TestService bundle and
put the TestService┬┤s bundle.componentType in the Calculator bundle. You
said "Alternatively, you have place the file as
OSGI-INF/sca/<bundleSymbolicName>/bundle.componentType in the calculator
bundle." Do you mean I can copy TestService┬┤s bundle.componentType into a
CalculatorService bundle?

<rfeng>Yes</rfeng>

Thank you very much

Tuscany checks the OSGi bundle based on one of the following patterns:
* An "SCA-Composite" header in the MANIFEST.MF. It points to an SCA
composite file within the bundle.
* Any files under OSGI-INF/sca.

In your case, the first bundle contains three java components. The second
bundle contains one OSGi component.  There are a few options to get them
work together (CalculatorService with a reference to TestService).

Option 1:
1) Place bundle.composite under OSGI-INF/sca in the calculator bundle. The
composite contains 4 components: 3 java components and 1 OSGi component.
The @target for CalculatorService component's testService reference will be
TestService/<serviceName>.

2) Place bundle.componentType under OSGI-INF/sca in the test service bundle.
Alternatively, you have place the file as
OSGI-INF/sca/<bundleSymbolicName>/bundle.componentType in the calculator
bundle.

In this case, we are going to start one Node.

Option 2:
1) Place bundle.composite under OSGI-INF/sca in the calculator bundle. The
composite contains 3 java components
2) Place bundle.composite under OSGI-INF/sca in the test service bundle. The
composite contains 1 OSGi component.
3) Place bundle.componentType under OSGI-INF/sca in the test service bundle.

In this case, we are going to start two nodes. You can configure the
CalculatorService.testService reference and the OSGi service to use the same
binding (such as RMI, or WS) to communicate. Make sure the interface is
remotable. binding.sca is not working yet.

Thanks,
Raymond