tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Hank Gay <hank....@gmail.com>
Subject Simple, maven-managed hello world for Tuscany?
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:35:45 GMT
Does it exist?

I attempted to write one of my own, but can't find the magic
combination of repository and dependency definitions to even get
started. Failing that, I went to the source I had downloaded
previously and tried to run the calculator sample, as suggested by
http://tuscany.apache.org/getting-started-with-tuscany-using-the-command-line.html

Looking at the pom.xml file, my first problem was that it referenced
the pom for all of Tuscany SCA as a parent, which isn't desirable for
me because I don't want my simple learning app to require a complete
source distro of Tuscany SCA. Still, I wanted to get something up so I
could begin to experiment with Tuscany SCA, so I went ahead and ran
`mvn test` on the calcualator sample. That's when I got the error
included below.

Am I just making a massive n00b mistake? Does anyone know of a
step-by-step tutorial for building a bare-bones, Maven-managed,
CLI-driven Tuscany SCA Hello World?

Thanks,

Hank

[WARNING] Unable to get resource
'org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-node-api:jar:1.5' from repository
central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Specified destination
directory cannot be created:
/Users/hankgay/.m2/org/apache/tuscany/sca/tuscany-node-api/1.5
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-node-api:jar:1.5

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tuscany.sca
-DartifactId=tuscany-node-api -Dversion=1.5 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tuscany.sca
-DartifactId=tuscany-node-api -Dversion=1.5 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.tuscany.sca:sample-calculator:jar:1.5
        2) org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-node-api:jar:1.5

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:
  org.apache.tuscany.sca:sample-calculator:jar:1.5

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  indiana (http://ftp.ussg.iu.edu/eclipse/modeling/emf/emf/maven2/),
  apache.incubator (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository),