tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Hank Gay <hank....@gmail.com>
Subject Simple, maven-managed hello world for Tuscany?
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 17:35:45 GMT
Does it exist?

I attempted to write one of my own, but can't find the magic
combination of repository and dependency definitions to even get
started. Failing that, I went to the source I had downloaded
previously and tried to run the calculator sample, as suggested by

Looking at the pom.xml file, my first problem was that it referenced
the pom for all of Tuscany SCA as a parent, which isn't desirable for
me because I don't want my simple learning app to require a complete
source distro of Tuscany SCA. Still, I wanted to get something up so I
could begin to experiment with Tuscany SCA, so I went ahead and ran
`mvn test` on the calcualator sample. That's when I got the error
included below.

Am I just making a massive n00b mistake? Does anyone know of a
step-by-step tutorial for building a bare-bones, Maven-managed,
CLI-driven Tuscany SCA Hello World?

[WARNING] Unable to get resource
'org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-node-api:jar:1.5' from repository
central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2): Specified destination
directory cannot be created:
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

1) org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-node-api:jar:1.5

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tuscany.sca
-DartifactId=tuscany-node-api -Dversion=1.5 -Dpackaging=jar

  Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the file there:
      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.apache.tuscany.sca
-DartifactId=tuscany-node-api -Dversion=1.5 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) org.apache.tuscany.sca:sample-calculator:jar:1.5
        2) org.apache.tuscany.sca:tuscany-node-api:jar:1.5

1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact:

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),