tuscany-user mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Example of Dojo and Tuscany on Eclipse and WebSphere (RAD)
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2009 07:31:09 GMT
On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 8:54 PM, Willis C White<whiwill@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I am looking for an example of running Dojo with Tuscany on Eclipse with
> Websphere (Rational Application Developer). Can some one point me to a
> working example?
>
> If there is no example to do exactly what I need could I get some assistance
> getting the example below to work.
>
> I tried to convert the example at the following address to work on Eclipse
> with Websphere and I ran into problems.
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/branches/sca-java-1.x/samples/helloworld-dojo-webapp/
>
> I am not sure what the issue was but i think it had something to do with the
> sca-contribution.xml  and the web.xml file or possibly not having jars in
> the WEB-INF/lib dir (not sure which jars to put in there)
>
> RAD 7.5
> Eclipse 3.4
> Websphere 7
>
> It goes to this address
> http://localhost:9081/HelloWorld/HelloWorldJSONRPC.html
>
> and I get this error
>
> Error 500: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter [tuscany]: Could not find
> required filter class -
> org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.webapp.TuscanyServletFilter.class
>

> Willis White

I've just tried the helloworld dojo sample from the Tuscany 1.5
release in WebSphere 7.0 and it worked ok for me. As with all Tuscany
webapps in WebSphere you do need to correctly configure the
classloading, so in the Admin console application configuration click
on:

"Class loading and update detection" and then set:

Class loader order: "Classes loaded with local class loader first (parent last)"
WAR class loader policy: "Class loader for each WAR file in application"

So you can see what jars are included in the build webapp i've
uploaded the one that worked for me to:
http://people.apache.org/~antelder/tuscany/sample-helloworld-dojo-webapp.war

   ...ant