tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Sebastián Groh <sebastiang...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: WS bindings and SDO
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2009 11:48:33 GMT
Hello Kelvin,

                    I appreciate your mail (it seems to be incompleted) but
I assume that I'm not using properly my SDO's instances.

                    My code was a simplified test to expose in this list non
expected errors, but I like good practices and therefore I would like fix my
code.

                    Could you mail your suggestion again please?

Thanks!

                  Sebastián

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 5:42 AM, kelvin goodson <kelvingoodson@gmail.com>wrote:

> [...]
> directly allows coding that might lead you to believe that you have a
> good working SDO environment when you might not have.
>
> As this thread has mentioned,  the SDO runtime needs to have metadat
>

> 2009/6/1 Sebastián Groh <sebastiangroh@gmail.com>:
> > Hello,
> >            Thanks Ant Elder, your Apache Tuscany SCA Java 1.5 released
> > announce mail responded my last question on this list.
> >
> >           Raymond, the problem was fixed in version tuscany 1.5. I
> > didn't need comment the service promotion.
> > I have had the same exception when I tried something like this:
> >
> > 0.  public class BiochemicalCircleImpl implements BiochemicalCircle{
> > 1.
> > 2.     public Laboratory getLaboratory(String name) {
> > 3.        if (name.length() < 5)
> > 4.             return null;
> > 5.        Laboratory lab = EntityFactory.INSTANCE.createLaboratory();
> > 6.        lab.setName("Main Laboratory");
> > 7.        return lab;
> > 8.     }
> > 9.  }
> >
> > If condition was true in line 3, null was returned an the exception was:
> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException:
> > org.apache.tuscany.sdo.impl.AnyTypeDataObjectImpl
> >
> > otherwhise, all works perfectly!
> >
> > My solution was, create a Laboratory object with properties setted in
> > null and change invocation logic assuming that always will return a
> > Laboratory object. Empty Laboratories were considered when any of its
> > properties was null.
> >

> > Thanks Raymond, and all people who responded to my earlier concerns.
> > Best Regards,
> >
> >                         Sebastián Groh
> >

> > 2009/5/30 Sebastián Groh <sebastiangroh@gmail.com>
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>            Raymond, thanks for your answer. I've checked my mail late, I
> see that you can test my example without my source files.
> >> At the moment, I commented the service promotion as you suggest, and I'm
> trying to download the latest 1.5 code
> >> but I can't found that.
> >>
> >> Someone here knows how to download that version? I was reading Continuum
> and in version says "1.6-SNAPSHOT" .
> >>
> >> Have Tuscany SCA version 2.X implemented the same functionality that
> version 1.x?
> >>
> >> Raymond, will I found my errors fixed in version 2.X?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >>                Sebastián Groh

> helloworld-ws-sdo sample) with the latest 1.5 code. It works after I fixed
> an issue in the composite file:

> http://eclipse.org/SCAExample1/src/resources/federation"
> name="clinicalLaboratory"
> http://eclipse.org/SCAExample1/src/resources/clinicalLaboratory">

> class="services.bcircle.BiochemicalCircleImpl" />
> interface="services.bcircle.BiochemicalCircle" />
> http://localhost:8080/SCA1/MyServiceComponent" />
> promote="BiochemicalCircleComponent/BiochemicalCircle" />

> issue in Tuscany where the service promotion has the same URI as the

= new

> parameters

included in your

should it be used?