tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Phil Housley <undeconstruc...@gmail.com>
Subject Running on IBM J9 (on AIX)
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:03:11 GMT
Hi,

I'm currently running into a brick wall on trying to run a tuscany app
on AIX, using J9 (IBM JVM) as that seems to be the only working JVM
there.  I'm running on WebLogic, which makes things even more awkward,
but since I've managed to deploy to WL on other platforms, I don't
think it is causing a problem.  What I am seeing is:

ERROR - o.a.t.s.a.x.CompositeDocumentProcessor        -
ContributionReadException occured due to : org.apache.tuscany.sc
a.contribution.service.ContributionReadException:
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: This class does not support J
DK1.5
ERROR - o.a.t.s.a.x.CompositeDocumentProcessor        -
ContributionReadException occured due to : org.apache.tuscany.sc
a.contribution.service.ContributionReadException:
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: Stream closed
<Apr 21, 2009 10:11:46 AM BST> <Warning> <HTTP> <BEA-101162> <User
defined listener org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.webapp.T
uscanyContextListener failed: org.osoa.sca.ServiceRuntimeException:
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException.
org.osoa.sca.ServiceRuntimeException:
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.SCADomain.createNewInstance(SCADomain.java:220)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.SCADomain.newInstance(SCADomain.java:76)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.webapp.WebAppServletHost.init(WebAppServletHost.java:220)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.webapp.TuscanyContextListener.contextInitialized(TuscanyContextListener.java:43)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.EventsManager$FireContextListenerAction.run(EventsManager.java:376)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:67)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:521)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.SCADomain.createNewInstance(SCADomain.java:199)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
org.osoa.sca.ServiceRuntimeException:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.ContributionException:
org.apache.tusc
any.sca.contribution.service.ContributionReadException:
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: Stream closed
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl.<init>(NodeImpl.java:347)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeFactoryImpl.createSCANode(NodeFactoryImpl.java:47)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.impl.DefaultSCADomain.init(DefaultSCADomain.java:172)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.embedded.impl.DefaultSCADomain.<init>(DefaultSCADomain.java:97)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.host.webapp.WebSCADomain.<init>(WebSCADomain.java:41)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.ContributionException:
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.Contribut
ionReadException: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: Stream closed
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.addContribution(ContributionServiceI
mpl.java:389)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.contribute(ContributionServiceImpl.j
ava:189)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl.configureNode(NodeImpl.java:496)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl.<init>(NodeImpl.java:344)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeFactoryImpl.createSCANode(NodeFactoryImpl.java:47)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.ContributionReadException:
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: Stream closed
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeDocumentProcessor.read(CompositeDocumentProcessor.java:177)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeDocumentProcessor.read(CompositeDocumentProcessor.java:118)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.CompositeDocumentProcessor.read(CompositeDocumentProcessor.java:57)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.ExtensibleURLArtifactProcessor.read(ExtensibleURLArtifactProces
sor.java:96)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.service.impl.ContributionServiceImpl.processReadPhase(ContributionService
Impl.java:531)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: Stream closed
        at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.doCreateSR(WstxInputFactory.java:548)
        at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createSR(WstxInputFactory.java:604)
        at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createSR(WstxInputFactory.java:619)
        at com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory.createXMLStreamReader(WstxInputFactory.java:317)
        at org.apache.tuscany.sca.contribution.processor.DefaultValidatingXMLInputFactory.createXMLStreamReader(DefaultV
alidatingXMLInputFactory.java:222)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace
java.io.IOException: Stream closed
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:57)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:68)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.getBufIfOpen(BufferedInputStream.java:156)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:315)
        at com.ctc.wstx.io.StreamBootstrapper.ensureLoaded(StreamBootstrapper.java:443)
        Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

As far as I can make out, there is suddenly no input stream for
woodstox while creating a NodeImpl
(org.apache.tuscany.sca.node.impl.NodeImpl.configureNode(NodeImpl.java:496)).
 I can't find any reason why this would only happen in J9, but I guess
it might be something internal to that, given the very strange "This
class does not support JDK1.5", which I get in both 1.5.0 and 1.6.0
JVMs.  Has any tried this combination before?  Or alternatively, is
there possibly another xml engine that I can use instead, if that is
indeed the problem?  I've tried other version of wstx and nothing has
helped.

Any help at all would be very appreciated.

--
Phil Housley