tuscany-user mailing list archives

From <Daniel.Stu...@empolis.com>
Subject AW: Multiplicity issue [TUSCANY-2281]
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:21:39 GMT
Hi Simon,

I guess this is the issue Raymond mentioned:
http://www.osoa.org/jira/browse/JAVA-9.

I don't know if my SCA/Tuscany knowledge is sound enough to be able to
provide such an implementation, but I will give it a try.

So expect frequent rookie questions J

Bye,

Daniel

Von: Simon Laws [mailto:simonslaws@googlemail.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 16. September 2008 20:20
An: user@tuscany.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Multiplicity issue [TUSCANY-2281]

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:00 PM, Simon Nash <nash@apache.org> wrote:

Raymond Feng wrote:

Hi,

This is an interesting situation: The SCA APIs defined by OSOA have some
deficiencies which are being fixed under OASIS. Now the question is how
we branch the development streams to support the different level of the
SCA specifications.

Should we start to look into the possibility to create a 2.0 branch to
contain the upcoming work to support OASIS SCA specs and other
disruptive changes?

The spec change to resolve OASIS issue JAVA-9 is upwards compatible.  It
requires the addition of two new methods on
org.osoa.sca.ComponentContext.
There is no need to create an incompatible branch for this change.

 Simon

	Thanks,
	Raymond