tuscany-user mailing list archives

From bert.rob...@agfa.com
Subject Re: SDO To POJO transformation and viceversa
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 07:37:45 GMT
We have an implementation that actually performs this. It is not based on
Tuscany SDO, but on our own inhouse developed sdo implementation. We are
willing to contribute that to the open source community though. But don't
get your hopes up yet; at the moment it is not yet out-of-the-box usable
with Tuscany.

See: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1493

Basically we don't use SDO's everywhere because (1) we have tons of legacy
code that is very hard to change and (2) we sometimes need to map
different objects on the same Data Object (typical case is an object which
is stored in two different databases and is structurally almost the same,
but not entirely).

Bert

Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelfino@apache.org>
30/07/2007 17:33
Please respond to
tuscany-user@ws.apache.org

tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: SDO To POJO transformation and viceversa

Surendran, Vinoth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I believe this would be common requirement for projects involved in the
> lines of SCA , We are looking for a Transformation classes which would
> make life simpler by transforming from SCA SDO to Java POJO and Vice
> versa .
>
> Where in our environment is WebSphere Process Server v6.0.2
>

> Thanks & Regards
>
> Vinoth

Life would be even simpler if you didn't have to transform :)

Can you tell us a little bit more about your use case?
- What are you using SDOs for? are you using SDOs to produce XML
documents?
- What are you using the POJOs for? why can't you just use the SDOs
instead?
- How different are your SDOs from POJOs? which codegen options are you
using for your SDOs?
- what do your POJOs look like? POJO is an overloaded term :) simple
JavaBeans? any special types like collections with generics? vectors,
maps? any base classes?

Thanks.

--
Jean-Sebastien