tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Francesco Furfari <francesco.furf...@isti.cnr.it>
Subject Re: Tuscany development status
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:19:57 GMT

Jim Marino wrote:

> On Jan 2, 2007, at 6:04 AM, Francesco Furfari wrote:
>
>> Thank you Jean-Sebastian,
>> I was supposing that it wasn't so easy to answer, especially to my
>> last question, but it didn't discourage me from continuing ;-).
>>
>> Just to inform you, there was general consensus respect the SCA
>> initiative, as well as caution because the work is still in progress.
>> Obviously there were also motivations against the SCA adoption as for
>> example the reuse of code already developed by the involved partners
>> ;-). But we are still defining the conceptual model so there is room
>> for any (maybe mixed) solution ... people asked me references.
>>
>> What I haven't found is a roadmap about the SCA specification, even an
>> approximate date for the version 1.0 can ease managers to go over
>> their hesitation (but I understand that it can produce negative effects).
>> Working in team we are particularly interested in the deployment
>> aspects  of a service networks, so next months I've intention to
>> investigate such  area to give them a practical demo of how SCA can
>> help our collaborative work.
>>
> Ciao Francesco,
>
> The SCA specification is targeting Q1 this year. Are you specifically
> interested in the Java implementation, C++ implementation or both? I'm
> happy to help answer any questions you have on the former as well as the
> SCA specs.

I think the system core will be based on Java platform, but some
components could be developed in C++ or PHP as well.
Personally I'm going to use Java, and I'm also interested to use OSGi
framework. I saw that there is already an OSGi module in the trunk, I
have just compiled it but not tested yet.

francesco