tuscany-user mailing list archives

From "kelvin goodson" <kelvingood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Instantiate static SDOs with DataFactory
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:30:28 GMT
Hi Erich,
  it sounds to me like you have managed to register the types dynamically
(perhaps as well as statically);
i.e. in addition to a call to
SDOUtil.registerStaticTypes(FactoryThatCreatesPersonClassesEtc.class);
I think you must have a call to something like
XSDHelper.INSTANCE.define(input_stream_from_SchemaThatDefinesPersonTypeEtc);
somewhere,  and that would seem to be masking the static defintion on Type
lookup

In answer to your question,  if, when using the dynamic API to create a
DataObject, the Type of data object that you are creating was registered
statically, then, as you suggest ought to be the case above,  you can use
either the static or the dynamic APIs on that data object.  If however the
type was registered dynamically, then you can only use the dynamic api.

Regards, Kelvin.