tuscany-user mailing list archives

From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DAS Java M2 RC1 available
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 18:00:41 GMT
Thanks for all your feedback, I'll be addressing or comments these issues
and trying to build a RC2 by Monday. More comments in line

On 10/6/06, Kevin Williams <kevincbw@qwest.net> wrote:

> I have a few initial comments:
>
> DAS RC1
> 1) The STATUS.txt file is obsolete.  Is there an update available for
> this?

We are all waiting for an updated version of STATUS.txt, I can double check
on the status...

2) The binary dist includes Building.txt.  Should it?

I don't have hard feelings one way or another... i can remove it.

DAS Samples RC1
> 1) The readme.txt is obsolete

Will look into it.

2) There is a readme.htm in java/samples/das/companyweb that describes
> how to run the sample.  Shouldn't this be updated and included?

I have updated instructions on the website, will make the readme reflect the
updated version and add to the sample distribution.

Brent Daniel wrote:

> > Hi Luciano,
> >
> > I havn't had much time to go into this in depth, but here are some
> > things I notice:
> >
> > 1) I think you're aware of this, but STATUS.txt is outdated and
> > CHANGES.txt just has "TODO" in it

Will get the updated version of Changes.txt

> 2) We don't have any good "first steps" documentation (or any
> > documentation for that matter :) )  Not sure how much we need to
> > provide here, but there should be something. For the samples
> > distribution we should certainly have some information on required
> > setup such as adding the data source to the tomcat config.

Sure, will include an updated version of the sample readme.html

> 3) The binary distribution doesn't include the test suite, but it does
> > include the Customer and Company SDO Types that are generated during
> > the build for use in our test suite. Hopefully there's a good way to
> > remove these from the distribution (we still need the Config types
> > which are also generated but are part of the runtime.)

Will take a look at this... and see if maven have a good solution for it.
But, does this  have any other implication on the distribution ?

> 4) It seems like it would make more sense for the WAR file in our
> > samples distribution to either be in the top level directory or in
> > WEB-INF/lib instead of bin
> > Brent

Are you OK with top level ? I had it in the bin just to get separated from
the "legal" files.