tuscany-user mailing list archives

From "Raymond Feng" <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Binding Context?
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:18:28 GMT

Any contributions are welcome.

Thanks,
Raymond

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Cousins" <peterc@itemfield.com>
To: <tuscany-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:25 PM
Subject: Binding Context?

I want to access context information specific to a binding in my server
component implementation in Tuscany.

Examples of binding specific context are: JMS queue name or message
properties, HTTP headers, and so on.  JBI/JSR208 use the NMR message
header to provide access to such information.  Celtix provides a thread
local context object to provide such access.

The usage scenario where I would need this is when my server component
is a router for other services and needs to route based upon this
information.

Is there a threadlocal for it?  Is there already a standard way of doing
this across all bindings, or is it "binding proprietary"?  I didn't see
this in other bindings unless I am missing something.

Any pointer to examples or source code showing how this is supported, or
suggestions on adding it would be appreciated.

Thanks...PC