tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Frank Budinsky <fra...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: DataObject/DataGraph Serialization & DataGraphRoot
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 19:57:47 GMT
The problem seems to be that the metadata for class DataGraphRoot is not
registered on the client. Is that the only missing metadata? What about
the metadata for the rest of the model. I can't provide any more help
without more details about how the metadata is being defined.

Frank.

"Kevin Williams" <kevincbw@qwest.net> wrote on 08/25/2006 03:30:15 PM:

> [...]
> >
> > Please let me know if this helps...
> >
> > - Luciano
> >

> > On 8/24/06, *Scott Kurinskas* <scott.kurinskas@gemstone.com
> > <mailto:scott.kurinskas@gemstone.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Hi,
> >
> >     Now that my DAS example is up and running, I'm trying to move my
> >     example to
> >     a client/server environment and integrate it with my product.  My
> >     use-case
> >     is very simple, a client makes a request to the server, the server
> >     fetches
> >     the result from the database and returns the DataObject back to
> >     the client.
> >     The server side code looks like the following:
> >
> >     das = DAS.FACTORY.createDAS(getConfig("CompanyConfig.xml"),
> >     connection);
> >     String sql = "Select * from customers where
> >     customers.customerNumber = " +
> >     key;
> >     Command readCust = das.createCommand(sql);
> >     DataObject cust = readCust.executeQuery();
> >     return cust;
> >
> >     The code executes fine on the client but for some reason the
> >     client is
> >     throwing the exception below.  The client should be deserializing
the
> >     response into a DataObject, but for some reason its complaining
> >     about class
> >     DataGraphRoot not found.  The same code executing in a app works
> >     great.
> >
> >     Thoughts?
> >
> >     Thanks again,
> >     Scott
> >
> >     Caught unexpected Exception
> >     org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Class
> >     'DataGraphRoot' not found.
> >     ( file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/skurinsk/workspace/SDO%20
> >     <file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/skurinsk/workspace/SDO%
> 20&%20Cache%20
> >     <file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/skurinsk/workspace/SDO%
> 20&%20Cache%20>
> >     Client/all.datagraph> &%20Cache%20Client/all.datagraph, 5, 22)
> >     at
> >     org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.
> handleErrors(XMLLoadImpl.java:80)
> >     at
> >     org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java
:189)
> >     at
> >     org.apache.tuscany.sdo.util.
> DataGraphResourceFactoryImpl$DataGraphResourceIm
> >     pl$LoadImpl.load(DataGraphResourceFactoryImpl.java:452)
> >     at
> >     org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.
> doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java
> >     :1
> >     79)
> >     at
> >     org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.
> load(ResourceImpl.java:1089
> >     )
> >     at
> >     org.apache.tuscany.sdo.impl.
> DataGraphImpl$EDataGraphExternalizable.readExter

java.io.ObjectInputStream.readExternalData(ObjectInputStream.java:1758)
> >     at
> >     java.io.ObjectInputStream.
> readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1716)
> >     at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java
:1304)
> >     at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:349)
> >     at
> >     org.apache.tuscany.sdo.helper.
> HelperProviderImpl$ResolvableImpl.readDataObje
> >     ct(HelperProviderImpl.java:205)
> >     at
> >     org.apache.tuscany.sdo.helper.
> HelperProviderImpl$ResolvableImpl.readExternal
> >
> >     (HelperProviderImpl.java:144)
> >     at
> >     commonj.sdo.impl.ExternalizableDelegator.
> readExternal(ExternalizableDelegato
> >     r.java:80)
> >     at

java.io.ObjectInputStream.readExternalData(ObjectInputStream.java:1758)
> >     at
> >     java.io.ObjectInputStream.
> readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1716)
> >     at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1304)
> >     at
java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:349)
> >     at

com.gemstone.gemfire.DataSerializer.readObject(DataSerializer.java:3200)