tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Ritika Maheshwari <riti...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.NullPointer exception when invoking XSDHelper.INSTANCE
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 19:11:19 GMT
My Test project has a folder META-INF/services which contains text file
commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider
Also my TuscanySDO project has a folder META-INF/services in
(src.main.resources) package.which contains the same text file.

I believe the other way I could try is to set the HelperProvider as a
System property.Would you know how I could do this in Eclipse?

ritika

"Yang ZHONG" <leiwang.yangzhong@gmail.com>
08/18/2006 11:55 AM
Please respond to
tuscany-user@ws.apache.org

tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: java.lang.NullPointer exception when invoking XSDHelper.INSTANCE

I think it's fine to use sdo-impl project instead of the jar version, as
long as
  META-INF/services/commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider
is in the same ClassPath/ClassLoader as the sdo-api jar/project.

Sometimes people forgets to include
  src/main/resources
which has META-INF/services/commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider,
is that also your case?

On 8/18/06, Ritika Maheshwari <ritikam@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> you are right I do have sdo-api-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in the build path of my
> TestCase Java project (which contains my test client).This project
depends
> on TuscanySDO project which contains all the source code for SDO
's.(which
> I extracted from SVN)Therefore I did not put the sdo-impl jar in build
> path.By the way by sdo-impl jar did you mean
> tuscany-sdo-impl-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?
>
> ritika
>

> "Yang ZHONG" <leiwang.yangzhong@gmail.com>
> 08/18/2006 11:35 AM
> Please respond to
> tuscany-user@ws.apache.org

> tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: java.lang.NullPointer exception when invoking XSDHelper.INSTANCE
>

> Looks like you have sdo-api jar in ClassPath, what about sdo-impl jar?
>
> On 8/18/06, Ritika Maheshwari <ritikam@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >      here is my test client code
> >
> >    //Create a DataGraph
> >                        //SDOUtil.createTypeHelper();
> >                        DataObjectUtil.initRuntime();
> >                        URL url = thisClass.getResource("/newEMF.xsd");
> >                        InputStream inputStream = url.openStream();
> >                        //HelperProviderImpl helperProvider = new
> > HelperProviderImpl();
> >                        XSDHelper.INSTANCE.define(inputStream,
> > url.toString());
> >                        inputStream.close();
> >                        DataGraphImpl datagraph =
(DataGraphImpl)SDOUtil.
> > createDataGraph();
> >                       datagraph.createRootObject(
> > "http://www.ibm.com/websphere/fvt/ejbquery/emf","DataGraphRoot");
> >
> > XSDHelper.INSTANCE invocation gives the following stack trace
> >        at commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider.getXSDHelper(
> > HelperProvider.java:343)
> >        at commonj.sdo.helper.XSDHelper.<clinit>(XSDHelper.java:192)
> >        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
> >        at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:148)
> >        ... 4 more
> > I tried to put the HelperProviderImpl class name  in the
> > META-INF/services/commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProviderImpl text file in the
> > src.main.resources package.But looks like it is not picking up the
name
> > for the HelperProviderImpl.
> >
> > Here is the xsd file
> >
> > <schema
> > xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
> > targetNamespace="http://www.ibm.com/websphere/fvt/ejbquery/emf"
> > xmlns:ritika="http://www.ibm.com/websphere/fvt/ejbquery/emf"
> > xmlns:sdo="commonj.sdo/XML"
> > xmlns:sdoJava="commonj.sdo/java"
> > sdoJava:package="com.ibm.websphere.fvt.ejbquery.emf">
> > <complexType name="DataGraphRoot">
> >    <sequence>
> >      <element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="deptMed"
> > type="ritika:DeptMed"/>
> >      <element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="empMed"
> > type="ritika:EmpMed"/>
> >      <element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="projectMed"
> > type="ritika:ProjectMed"/>
> >      <element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="taskMed"
> > type="ritika:TaskMed"/>
> >      <!-- <element name="changeSummary" type="sdo:ChangeSummaryType"
/>
> > -->
> >    </sequence>
> > </complexType>
> > <complexType name="DeptMed">
> >   <sequence>
> >    <element name="deptno" type="int"/>
> >    <element name="name" type="string"/>
> >    <element name="budget" type="double"/>
> >    <element sdo:oppositeProperty="manages"
> > sdo:propertyType="ritika:EmpMed" name="mgr" type="ritika:EmpMed" />
> >    <element sdo:oppositeProperty="dept"
> > sdo:propertyType="ritika:ProjectMed"  name="proj"
> type="ritika:ProjectMed"
> > />
> >    <element sdo:oppositeProperty="dept"
sdo:propertyType="ritika:EmpMed"