tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Ritika Maheshwari <riti...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.NullPointer exception when invoking XSDHelper.INSTANCE
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:28:51 GMT
I  created a package src.main.resources under my TestProject .Then under
this package creates META-INF/services/commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider.The
source folder for Test Project included all the packages under this
project.Therefore src.main.resources is also on the classpath.But still I
have NPE for
XSDHelper.INSTANCE

ritika

"Yang ZHONG" <leiwang.yangzhong@gmail.com>
08/18/2006 12:29 PM
Please respond to
tuscany-user@ws.apache.org

tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: java.lang.NullPointer exception when invoking XSDHelper.INSTANCE

File in folder doesn't necessarily automatically make it into ClassPath,
you
can either mvn to generate Eclipse project file or manually configure
  src/main/resources
as one of the project source directories
  project properties : Java build path : source (tab) : add folder
(button)

On 8/18/06, Ritika Maheshwari <ritikam@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> My Test project has a folder META-INF/services which contains text file
> commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider
> Also my TuscanySDO project has a folder META-INF/services in
> (src.main.resources) package.which contains the same text file.
>
> I believe the other way I could try is to set the HelperProvider as a
> System property.Would you know how I could do this in Eclipse?
>
> ritika
>

> "Yang ZHONG" <leiwang.yangzhong@gmail.com>
> 08/18/2006 11:55 AM
> Please respond to
> tuscany-user@ws.apache.org

> tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: java.lang.NullPointer exception when invoking XSDHelper.INSTANCE
>

> I think it's fine to use sdo-impl project instead of the jar version, as
> long as
> META-INF/services/commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider
> is in the same ClassPath/ClassLoader as the sdo-api jar/project.
>
> Sometimes people forgets to include
> src/main/resources
> which has META-INF/services/commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider,
> is that also your case?
>
> On 8/18/06, Ritika Maheshwari <ritikam@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> > you are right I do have sdo-api-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in the build path of
my
> > TestCase Java project (which contains my test client).This project
> depends
> > on TuscanySDO project which contains all the source code for SDO
> 's.(which
> > I extracted from SVN)Therefore I did not put the sdo-impl jar in build
> > path.By the way by sdo-impl jar did you mean
> > tuscany-sdo-impl-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?
> >
> > ritika
> >

> > "Yang ZHONG" <leiwang.yangzhong@gmail.com>
> > 08/18/2006 11:35 AM
> > Please respond to
> > tuscany-user@ws.apache.org

> > tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> > Re: java.lang.NullPointer exception when invoking XSDHelper.INSTANCE
> >

> > Looks like you have sdo-api jar in ClassPath, what about sdo-impl jar?
> >
> > On 8/18/06, Ritika Maheshwari <ritikam@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >      here is my test client code
> > >
> > >    //Create a DataGraph