tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Ritika Maheshwari <riti...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.NullPointer exception when invoking XSDHelper.INSTANCE
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:59:36 GMT
My TestProject depends on the TuscanySDO Project .Currently The Test
Project has a src/main/resources directory on class path(I manually
created this directory)And also as you have suggested the TuscanySDO
Project has TuscanySDO/impl/src/main/resources on its classpath.This
folder contains the META-INF and HelperProvider info.
So basically I have put HelperProvierImpl info at all possible places.But
it just does not seem to be getting picked up.

ritika

"Yang ZHONG" <leiwang.yangzhong@gmail.com>
08/18/2006 01:44 PM
Please respond to
tuscany-user@ws.apache.org

tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: java.lang.NullPointer exception when invoking XSDHelper.INSTANCE

sdo-impl project has a "main/resources" directory under "src" directory
already, you don't really have to create your own.
It may be easier to just configure that as part of your "source".

On 8/18/06, Ritika Maheshwari <ritikam@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> I  created a package src.main.resources under my TestProject .Then under
> this package creates
META-INF/services/commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider.The
> [...]
> 08/18/2006 12:29 PM
> Please respond to
> tuscany-user@ws.apache.org

> tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: java.lang.NullPointer exception when invoking XSDHelper.INSTANCE
>

> File in folder doesn't necessarily automatically make it into ClassPath,
> you
> can either mvn to generate Eclipse project file or manually configure
> src/main/resources
> as one of the project source directories
> project properties : Java build path : source (tab) : add folder
> (button)
>

> On 8/18/06, Ritika Maheshwari <ritikam@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> > My Test project has a folder META-INF/services which contains text
file
> > commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider
> > Also my TuscanySDO project has a folder META-INF/services in
> > (src.main.resources) package.which contains the same text file.
> >
> > I believe the other way I could try is to set the HelperProvider as a
> > System property.Would you know how I could do this in Eclipse?
> >
> > ritika
> >

> > "Yang ZHONG" <leiwang.yangzhong@gmail.com>
> > 08/18/2006 11:55 AM
> > Please respond to
> > tuscany-user@ws.apache.org

> > tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
> > cc
> >
> > Subject
> > Re: java.lang.NullPointer exception when invoking XSDHelper.INSTANCE
> >

> > I think it's fine to use sdo-impl project instead of the jar version,
as
> > long as
> > META-INF/services/commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider
> > is in the same ClassPath/ClassLoader as the sdo-api jar/project.
> >
> > Sometimes people forgets to include
> > src/main/resources
> > which has META-INF/services/commonj.sdo.impl.HelperProvider,
> > is that also your case?
> >
> > On 8/18/06, Ritika Maheshwari <ritikam@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > you are right I do have sdo-api-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar in the build path
of
> my
> > > TestCase Java project (which contains my test client).This project
> > depends
> > > on TuscanySDO project which contains all the source code for SDO
> > 's.(which
> > > I extracted from SVN)Therefore I did not put the sdo-impl jar in
build
> > > path.By the way by sdo-impl jar did you mean
> > > tuscany-sdo-impl-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar?
> > >
> > > ritika
> > >

> > > "Yang ZHONG" <leiwang.yangzhong@gmail.com>
> > > 08/18/2006 11:35 AM
> > > Please respond to
> > > tuscany-user@ws.apache.org

> > > tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
> > > cc
> > >
> > > Subject
> > > Re: java.lang.NullPointer exception when invoking XSDHelper.INSTANCE
> > >

> > > Looks like you have sdo-api jar in ClassPath, what about sdo-impl

commonj.sdo.helper.XSDHelper.<clinit>(XSDHelper.java:192)
java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:148)
> the
> > name

name="projectMed"
type="sdo:ChangeSummaryType"