tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Scott Kurinskas <scott.kurins...@gemstone.com>
Subject RE: DAS & JNDI requirements
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:06:38 GMT
Thanks Luciano.  I've managed to get he JNDI lookup working, and once I
address some mapping issues I'm confident my example will be up and running.
All I needed to do (yes, this is obvious but I'm not a developer by any
stretch) was register the JNDI provider as a JVM argument and life was good.

-Djava.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory
-Djava.naming.provider.url=file://c:/temp

-sk

-----Original Message-----
From: Luciano Resende [mailto:luckbr1975@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 23, 2006 10:50 AM
To: tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: DAS & JNDI requirements

Hi Scott

   You could use DAS on Tomcat (see companyWeb sample app) and in a plain
old Java App (you could base on the jUnit tests we have, and could configure
DAS manually or using a config.xml file), i have both working in my dev
environment, but currently I'm using derby as my data repository.
   What i don't have, and was trying to get it up and running is a MySQL
environment and access it trough a JNDI that is the environment you
mentioned... I think i can have that working soon...  In the meantime, I
have found a good link that might give you some hints if this might be a
configuration problem or not :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

- Luciano

On 8/23/06, Scott Kurinskas <scott.kurinskas@gemstone.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I have a much more basic question.  What runtime environments
> does the Data Access Service support?  I thought I read somewhere that
> Axis and Tomcat were supported, but what about a plain 'ol Java
> application?  For the use-case I'm trying to prove out, the DAS would
> be used within a pojo executing within a java process (5.0 jdk).  To
> keep life simple, I'd first like to get a basic use-case working,
> using the DAS within a java app.
>
> What I cannot figure out is how to register the JNDI directory with
> the DAS/SDO/Tuscany runtime.  For testing, I'm quite content to use a
> file-based directory and then migrate to something else.  The problem
> I run into is that in DASImpl, it fails in the initializeConnection()
> operation as the call to InitialContext(env) fails.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Luciano Resende
SOA Opensource - Apache Tuscany