tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Scott Kurinskas <scott.kurins...@gemstone.com>
Subject RE: DAS & JNDI requirements
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:28:08 GMT
Perhaps I have a much more basic question.  What runtime environments does
the Data Access Service support?  I thought I read somewhere that Axis and
Tomcat were supported, but what about a plain 'ol Java application?  For the
use-case I'm trying to prove out, the DAS would be used within a pojo
executing within a java process (5.0 jdk).  To keep life simple, I'd first
like to get a basic use-case working, using the DAS within a java app.

What I cannot figure out is how to register the JNDI directory with the
DAS/SDO/Tuscany runtime.  For testing, I'm quite content to use a file-based
directory and then migrate to something else.  The problem I run into is
that in DASImpl, it fails in the initializeConnection() operation as the
call to InitialContext(env) fails.

Thanks,
Scott