tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Scott Kurinskas <scott.kurins...@gemstone.com>
Subject java.lang.NullPointerException when trying to create an empty dat a graph
Date Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:03:38 GMT
Hi-

I'm trying to put togther a very simple example constructing an empty
DataObject.  Its very similar to the ChangeSummary test case.  However,
whenever I try to construct an empty DataObject, I receive a null pointer
exception.  My example is below.  Its failing on 'DataObject customer ...'.
I do not understand why this exception occurs.  Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.

try {
	DataGraph		dataGraph 	= SDOUtil.createDataGraph();
	DataObject 		customer 	=
dataGraph.createRootObject("http://www.example.com/simple", "Customer");

Exception:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.EcoreUtil.create(EcoreUtil.java:2918)
	at
org.apache.tuscany.sdo.util.DataObjectUtil.create(DataObjectUtil.java:2324)
	at
org.apache.tuscany.sdo.impl.DataGraphImpl.createRootObject(DataGraphImpl.jav
a:594)
	at gemfire.example.customer.sdo.SDOTest.main(SDOTest.java:21)

Regards,
Scptt