tuscany-user mailing list archives

From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DataObject/DataGraph Serialization & DataGraphRoot
Date Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:16:35 GMT
Hi Scott

   So, here is a quick example from our unit testings :

    /**
     * Read a specific customer
     */
    public void testReadSingle() throws Exception {

        //Create and initialize command to read customers
        DAS das = DAS.FACTORY.createDAS(getConnection());
        Command readCustomers = das.createCommand("select * from CUSTOMER
where ID = 1");

        //Read
        DataObject root = readCustomers.executeQuery();

        //Verify
        assertEquals(1, root.getInt("CUSTOMER[1]/ID"));
    }

If you get a reference to root first, then try to access the customer
information, do you still have this problem ?

Maybe something like this :

DataObject root = readCust.executeQuery();
cust = root.getDataObject("CUSTOMER")

Please let me know if this helps...

- Luciano

On 8/24/06, Scott Kurinskas <scott.kurinskas@gemstone.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Now that my DAS example is up and running, I'm trying to move my example
> a client/server environment and integrate it with my product.  My use-case
> is very simple, a client makes a request to the server, the server fetches
> the result from the database and returns the DataObject back to the
> client.
> The server side code looks like the following:
>
> das = DAS.FACTORY.createDAS(getConfig("CompanyConfig.xml"), connection);
> String sql = "Select * from customers where customers.customerNumber = " +
> key;
> Command readCust = das.createCommand(sql);
> DataObject cust = readCust.executeQuery();
> return cust;
>
> The code executes fine on the client but for some reason the client is
> throwing the exception below.  The client should be deserializing the
> response into a DataObject, but for some reason its complaining about
> class
> DataGraphRoot not found.  The same code executing in a app works great.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks again,
> Scott
>
> Caught unexpected Exception
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: Class
> 'DataGraphRoot' not found.
> (file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/skurinsk/workspace/SDO%20
> <
> file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/skurinsk/workspace/SDO%20&%20Cache%20
> Client/all.datagraph> &%20Cache%20Client/all.datagraph, 5, 22)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.handleErrors(XMLLoadImpl.java
> :80)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:189)
> at
>
> org.apache.tuscany.sdo.util.DataGraphResourceFactoryImpl$DataGraphResourceIm
> pl$LoadImpl.load(DataGraphResourceFactoryImpl.java:452)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java
> :1
> 79)
> at
> org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.load(ResourceImpl.java
> :1089
> )
> at
>
> org.apache.tuscany.sdo.impl.DataGraphImpl$EDataGraphExternalizable.readExter
> nal(DataGraphImpl.java:665)
> at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readExternalData(ObjectInputStream.java:1758)
> at
> java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1716)
> at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1304)
> at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:349)
> at
>
> org.apache.tuscany.sdo.helper.HelperProviderImpl$ResolvableImpl.readDataObje
> ct(HelperProviderImpl.java:205)
> [...]

Luciano Resende
SOA Opensource - Apache Tuscany