tuscany-user mailing list archives

From "Luciano Resende" <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DAS & JNDI requirements
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 17:50:17 GMT
Hi Scott

   You could use DAS on Tomcat (see companyWeb sample app) and in a plain
old Java App (you could base on the jUnit tests we have, and could configure
DAS manually or using a config.xml file), i have both working in my dev
environment, but currently I'm using derby as my data repository.
   What i don't have, and was trying to get it up and running is a MySQL
environment and access it trough a JNDI that is the environment you
mentioned... I think i can have that working soon...  In the meantime, I
have found a good link that might give you some hints if this might be a
configuration problem or not :
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

- Luciano

On 8/23/06, Scott Kurinskas <scott.kurinskas@gemstone.com> wrote:

> Perhaps I have a much more basic question.  What runtime environments does
> the Data Access Service support?  I thought I read somewhere that Axis and
> Tomcat were supported, but what about a plain 'ol Java application?  For
> the
> use-case I'm trying to prove out, the DAS would be used within a pojo
> executing within a java process (5.0 jdk).  To keep life simple, I'd first
> like to get a basic use-case working, using the DAS within a java app.
>
> What I cannot figure out is how to register the JNDI directory with the
> DAS/SDO/Tuscany runtime.  For testing, I'm quite content to use a
> file-based
> directory and then migrate to something else.  The problem I run into is
> that in DASImpl, it fails in the initializeConnection() operation as the
> call to InitialContext(env) fails.
>
> Thanks,
> Scott

Luciano Resende