tuscany-user mailing list archives

From Rick <cr2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: binding.ws (xmlbeans) sending empty soap message
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:23:30 GMT
Chris,
I just took a quick look at what you sent in jira TUSCANY-646.  I couldn't find
anything wrong off the bat.  There has been a lot of bring up in this web
services area in the last few days. I will say the web.xml you have for a server
will need changing.  The best code model to look at right now in svn is
tuscany\java\samples\sca\helloworldws for the server and
tuscany\java\samples\sca\helloworldwsclient for the client.

As far as complex types and their databinding, *currently* SDO is hardwired in.
This area (DataBinding Framework) is currently being worked on and the initial
plans are to have sometime in the future besides SDOs, axiom(this should be
there), castor, jaxb, and xmlbeans.  This is flexible and more databindings can
be implemented beyond those. The goal is to ultimately make this transparent to
the component implementer (and to other system extensions too)

So in  short, right now we only support SDO's and primitive types.
For the client :

  Run "mvn" in "distribution\sca\standalone" to create a standalone build for SCA
  Unzip "target\standalone-1.0-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip" to "<testdir>"

  copy all the jars from
samples\sca\helloworldws\target\sample-helloworldws-1.0-SNAPSHOT\WEB-INF\lib" to
"<testdir>\boot" (to get axis jars)

  copy "axis2-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" and "databinding-sdo-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar" from
samples\sca\helloworldws\target\sample-helloworldws-1.0-SNAPSHOT\WEB-INF\lib" to
"<testdir>\extension" (to get axis binding)

  Run the following command to launch the application

java -jar <testdir>\bin\launcher.jar  --classpath <your sca application jar>
For the web server we are testing with tomcat  5.5.17
Build your sca application putting all jars WEB-INF/lib  (maven should do this
by default)

Just note this deployment is also an area that is very actively changing. So
don't make hard effort to commit this to memory! :-)