tuscany-user mailing list archives

From "Goga, Murtaza" <murtaza.g...@trisyngroup.com>
Subject RE: DataObject against XSD validation
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 14:11:35 GMT
Frank,
Is there a draft of the SDO 2.1 spec floating somewhere?
Thanks,
Murtaza.

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Budinsky [mailto:frankb@ca.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 10:06 AM
To: tuscany-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: DataObject against XSD validation

Hi Philipp,

You've observed correctly a hole in the SDO spec version 2.0.1. There is
no API for reading XSD constraints on metaobjects. This is being addressed
in the SDO 2.1 spec, with the addition of two new methods on the Type and
Property interfaces:

List getInstanceProperties()
Object get(Property)

The XSD-constaints, and other user-defined annotations, will appear on the
metaobjects as instance properties (i.e., like open content). We plan to
start to implement some of the SDO 2.1 features in Tuscany as soon as the
spec is finalized (target is early September).

In the meantime, you're correct that the only way to retrieve the
constraints is using the underlying EMF API.

Frank.