tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ideas for smd (dojo) alternatives in jQuery
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2013 18:13:25 GMT
On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Akhil Anil <akhil.karun@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to implement a jQuery alternative to the existing dojo. I've
> been reading quite a bit about 'smd' that's required by dojo. It actually
> sort of clones the java class and invoke the java function from javascript.
> I couldn't find this kind of functionality in jquery. What are the options
> or any workarounds?

Just look for JSON-RPC client for JQuery, SMD is a dojo specific thing and
might not be needed for other clients.

As for next steps, I'd recommend :

- Add support for bootstrapping jquery (similar to web-javascript-dojo/)
(patch)
- Add proxy generation using jquery (similar to
implementation-widget-runtime-dojo/) (patch)
- Add support for rest which is simpler (patch)
- Add support for json-rpc (and investigate possible clients for that)
(patch)

It would be great to have patches coming for the first two items next week.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende