tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Akhil Anil <akhil.ka...@gmail.com>
Subject Progress - Enhancing WIdget Support for Tuscany
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2013 17:47:08 GMT
Hi,

I was unable to understand basics on how the dojo.js appears in the store
application. I went through
http://tuscany.apache.org/sca-java-bindingjsonrpc.html

So as of now I'm trying to follow a top down approach by taking the the
store example, then adding the jquery file directly in the header in the
html file and trying to make the the ajax call to the references. Once I
get a working protocol I could move the jquery js to be invoked via tuscany
and gerenerate the portion that makes the call.

I couldn't also understand
__tuscany.sca.referenceMap.catalog =* new
dojo.rpc.JsonService("/Catalog/?smd");
*

below is the screenshot of calls going on the initial loading of the
store.html page.

[image: Inline images 1]

   - why/how is the call to 'catalog' made 2 time the init() function is
   called only once rt. And how is it done the second time without the *
   "?smd"* suffix.
   - why the "*?smd*" is passed in the url while the call is made? i know
   its called service mapping description. but how/where is it handled by
   tuscany?
   - It sort of trims of "?smd" portion from this url. How/why does this
   happen?

*Another point of interest. *
*
*
Currently, the html page is where a user specify about using dojo. So is it
wise if we use it as a place to specify the framework to use. We can
totally avoid changing anything in the composite file.

If the foo.html file includes

*<script type="text/javascript" src="../dojo/dojo.js"></script> *

the application would use dojo. If it includes
*<script type="text/javascript" src="../jquery/jquery.js"></script> *
*
*
then the application knows it should use jquery. This doesn't cause any
syntax issues as all js framework dependent code is generated only in the
store.js by tuscany. We just need to make the changes in store.js file
generated.

--

Thanks and regards....

May God Bless us!