tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Pinel <pi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Apache Nuvem as a Tuscany sub-project
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 14:44:10 GMT
+1 from me as well.

--
Florian Pinel
IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
Phone: 914-945-1245

From:   Raymond Feng <enjoyjava@gmail.com>
To:     "dev@tuscany.apache.org" <dev@tuscany.apache.org>,
Cc:     tuscany-dev <dev@tuscany.apache.org>
Date:   11/13/2012 01:26 AM
Subject:        Re: [VOTE] Accept Apache Nuvem as a Tuscany sub-project

+1 from me.

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 12, 2012, at 10:05 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>
wrote:

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>
wrote:
Apache Nuvem will define an open application programming interface for
common cloud application services, allowing applications to be easily
ported across the most popular cloud platforms. It is currently composed
of multiple cloud SCA components (Data, Queue, Chat), and supports
multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, GAE, etc as well as standalone
deployment. Nuvem was accepted for Incubation on June, 2010, and several
of the active committers are already part of the Tuscany PMC.

Nuvem was accepted for Incubation on June 2010, and is currently a small
community, where the contributions are 100% done by volunteers in their
own free time, which makes the level of activity
low, compared to what is required for graduating it as a TLP.

Having said that, Nuvem has a great synergy with Apache Tuscany, and I'd
like to call a community vote to accept Nuvem as a sub-project of Apache
Tuscany (it could become Tuscany Cloud Components, or something like
that).

Please cast your vote.

Here is my +1 to accept Nuvem as a Tuscany sub-project.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende