tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Sebastien Delfino <jsdelf...@apache.org>
Subject Porting Tuscany C++ to C++11 and some code cleanup
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 19:31:56 GMT
Hi all,

Happy Thanksgiving :). I'm going to have a little bit of spare time on the
long weekend to do some cleanup of Tuscany C++.

I'm planning to do some code refactoring to start leveraging some of the
new C++11 standard constructs (replace the current functors with C++11
lambda expressions for example). I'll also try to do some more general
cleanup of the code base and improvements to a few areas like the JSON
support (which currently requires SpiderMonkey, that's overkill) and the
server hosting module.

These changes should simplify the code base a bit and bring significant
performance improvements as well. It'd be nice to have another release at
some point... perhaps on one of the next holiday breaks if I get enough
spare time again, or if others would like to help...

HTH

- Jean-Sebastien