tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Raymond Feng <enjoyj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Accept Apache Nuvem as a Tuscany sub-project
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 06:26:10 GMT
+1 from me.

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 12, 2012, at 10:05 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Apache Nuvem will define an open application programming interface for common cloud
application services, allowing applications to be easily ported across the most popular cloud
platforms. It is currently composed of multiple cloud SCA components (Data, Queue, Chat),
and supports multiple cloud platforms such as AWS, GAE, etc as well as standalone deployment.
Nuvem was accepted for Incubation on June, 2010, and several of the active committers are
already part of the Tuscany PMC.

>> Nuvem was accepted for Incubation on June 2010, and is currently a small community,
where the contributions are 100% done by volunteers in their own free time, which makes the
level of activity
>> low, compared to what is required for graduating it as a TLP.
>>
>> Having said that, Nuvem has a great synergy with Apache Tuscany, and I'd like to
call a community vote to accept Nuvem as a sub-project of Apache Tuscany (it could become
Tuscany Cloud Components, or something like that).