tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: JIRA-4206 XSDModelResolver fails to initiate WSDL model resolution for inline schemas
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 08:16:47 GMT
On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Kaushik Mukherjee <kmukherjee@gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to clarify the use case for JIRA-4206 a bit. The scenario I
> am looking at involves a WSDL with an inline schema. This inline
> schema is then referenced from another xsd through an import. The WSDL
> is not referenced in any other way such as through interface.wsdl. It
> is only indirectly referenced from the import of the inline schema
> namespace. Should we expect to add a model of the inline schema to the
> contribution in this scenario?
>
> Thanks,
> Kaushik

I had a feeling of deja vu about this and found TUSCANY-3709. Scott
never did get an answer to his question about the scope of inline XSD
in WSDL. I can't immediately find anything explicit about this via
Google. The WSDL spec [1] says "The types element encloses data type
definitions that are relevant for the exchanged messages." but that is
not very precise.

 I could imagine a user creating a contribution, stuffing a WSDL in
there with inline schemas, and then trying to reference the schema for
things like property descriptions without thought about whether those
schema are accessible.

It probably comes down to how we want to make it work and what we
think will be most useful for users. Unless someone can find better
information.

Simon

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl