tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1302317 - /tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/modules/core/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/core/runtime/impl/EndpointReferenceBinderImpl.java
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 21:57:52 GMT
On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Raymond Feng <enjoyjava@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The change had a huge impact on all the binding invokers that rely on the service binding
to resolve the deployed URIs when the endpoint reference is resolved to a target endpoint.

> BTW, the use case applies to something like the following:
>
> <component name="A">
> <service name="S1">
> <tuscany:binding.rest uri="/a/b"/>
> </service>
> </component>
>
> <component name="B">
> <reference name="r1" target="A/S1"/>
> </component>
>
> The r1 reference is now have /a/b as the uri instead of the deployed URI. Ideally, the
binding invoker should ask for the target endpoint's deployed URI. But it involves quite a
bit changes.

> I'll revert the change for now until we find a consistent solution.

Raymond, I think you know that unilaterally reverting a commit like
that is not the way to do things.

   ...ant