tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1302317 - /tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/modules/core/src/main/java/org/apache/tuscany/sca/core/runtime/impl/EndpointReferenceBinderImpl.java
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 22:35:14 GMT
On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:57 PM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Raymond Feng <enjoyjava@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The change had a huge impact on all the binding invokers that rely on the service
binding to resolve the deployed URIs when the endpoint reference is resolved to a target endpoint.

>> BTW, the use case applies to something like the following:
>>
>> <component name="A">
>> <service name="S1">
>> <tuscany:binding.rest uri="/a/b"/>
>> </service>
>> </component>
>>
>> <component name="B">
>> <reference name="r1" target="A/S1"/>
>> </component>
>>
>> The r1 reference is now have /a/b as the uri instead of the deployed URI. Ideally,
the binding invoker should ask for the target endpoint's deployed URI. But it involves quite
a bit changes.

>> I'll revert the change for now until we find a consistent solution.
>>

> Raymond, I think you know that unilaterally reverting a commit like
> that is not the way to do things.
>
>   ...ant

I don't see this as "unilaterally reverting a commit". I see this as a
commit extensively broke existing functionality, the issue was brought
up in the mailing list for discussion of a better fix, while, in the
mean time, the commit was reverted.

Please let's concentrate on the technical facts and try to find a
solution that works without huge impact on existing functionality.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende