tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Scott Kurz <sku...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: should ServiceReference be used as a parameter on remotable interface method?
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 15:20:22 GMT
Thanks for finding that Simon.   I think when I last came across that I
parsed it as assuming a local, PBR interface.
But...I don't have any support for that and the surrounding text
specifically mentions serialization, so I think you've captured the intent.

Well, it still seems ugly to me... if something in our Tuscany impl changes,
then your WSDL-mapped interface is now different?   It seems like we're
talking about a class of service:   remotable in the sense of cross-JVM, but
never invocable outside of the Tuscany runtime, not very SOA-ish.    I'm not
saying it's useless... it's just kind of a new concept thrown in from my
perspective.

Anyway, I opened
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3911
as it doesn't work currently, so when someone gets a chance we can resume
this discussion.

Scott