tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Luciano Resende <luckbr1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: node-manager questions
Date Sun, 15 May 2011 19:38:39 GMT
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 7:18 AM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com> wrote:

> A newby jax-rs question related to this. With the Tuscany jax-rs
> integration how can I get two components to be part of the same URL
> space when there is a variable part in the URL, for example, the
> domain example from my previous post. Let's say I want my URL to be
>
> http://localhost:8080/sca/domain/{domainname}/XYZ
>
> where XYX could be contribution, composite etc. In this case if I want
> a domain component mapped to
> http://localhost:8080/sca/domain/{domainname} and a composite
> component mapped to
> http://localhost:8080/sca/domain/{domainname}/composite is that
> possible. Or would I have to do
> http://localhost:8080/sca/domain/{domainname} and
> http://localhost:8080/sca/domain/composite/{domainname} which doesn't
> seem right.
>
> This is where I ended up with me .composite.
>
>    <component name="Domain">
>        <implementation.java class="org.apache.tuscany.sca.domain.DomainImpl"/>
>        <service name="Domain">
>            <tuscany:binding.rest uri="/sca/domain">
>                <tuscany:operationSelector.jaxrs/>
>            </tuscany:binding.rest>
>        </service>
>    </component>
>
> <!--
>  don't know how to map multiple components to a variable root
>    <component name="Composite">
>        <implementation.java
> class="org.apache.tuscany.sca.domain.CompositeImpl"/>
>        <service name="Composite">
>            <tuscany:binding.rest uri="/sca/domain">
>                <tuscany:operationSelector.jaxrs/>
>            </tuscany:binding.rest>
>        </service>
>    </component>
> -->
>
> I can of course make it work using a single component, which is where
> I started, but I wanted to learn more about the jax-rs integration.

It looks like this fits very weel in the concept of JAX-RS resource/sub-resource
http://incubator.apache.org/wink/1.1.1/html/JAX-RS%20Resources,%20HTTP%20Methods,%20and%20Paths.html

The idea is that you define a top level resource, that "handles" the
"domain" path, then it could redirect the "domain/composite" path to a
different component.

Please let me know if this helps, if you want I can build an example
in the node-manager module.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende