tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Next 2.x release
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 13:25:15 GMT
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 1:47 PM, ant elder <antelder@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Any comments on the release name?
>>>
>>> I'm back from being on holiday now and it looks like there are enough
>>> others active to get a release vote out so I'd like to have another go
>>> and getting a release out. Unless anyone asks otherwise I'll probably
>>> do a bit of clean up and review this week and cut an RC next week.
>>>
>>>   ...ant
>>>

>> I've noticed some discussion on the OASIS list about the optional
>> requirements and associated tests. Maybe Mike would be better placed
>> to comment on any likely implications. I'd say go with 2.0-beta3 until
>> the dust is settled in case we have to change anything.
>>

> Ok i guess thats fine for this release just to get it done.
>
> I do think we should revisit the when to do the 2.0 release though. I
> know we've been waiting till OASIS does the 1.1 spec releases but with
> all the politics and time thats taking i think it might be better for
> Tuscany if we do 2.0 sooner and a later 2.x for OASIS.
>
>   ...ant

I'm not going to argue against that I was just repeating what we've
said previously. How about the make this the last beta then get down
to doing the 2.0 release. Our first action should be to list all the
things we think we need to get done in JIRA under the 2.0 category and
then work through them. Our 2.0 category has 18 items in it (2.x
category has 43 items in it) many of while can be closed. So we should
close them down and populate with any others that must be there.

Simon