tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: getting domain information
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 10:56:35 GMT
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Quick question. Ant, I notice that you've been adding more information
> to the endpoint (domain?) registry. Also there are some operations in
> the domain node that use some of that information to present
> information, such as the domain composite. Is that information
> available from a domain node without starting a composite in that
> node?
>
> I'm asking as I'd like to start up a process to look into the domain.
> Re-using that code makes sense but I don't want to have to start a
> composite just to look at what's already in the domain.

That is exactly what i'm presently working on to try to get going
better, at the moment some things work and others don't so its a bit
hit and miss, mainly beacuse we didn't/don't have all the information
in the registry, it should be going better soon as i get it finished.

So for example if you start two shells, eg with one with mvn
tuscany:shell -DdomainURI=uri:default, and the other in the helloworld
sample with mvn tuscany:run -DdomainURI=uri:default, then in both
shells if you type "services" you should see the helloworld service
endpoint, if you type "installed" you should see the installed
helloworld contribution. You can't yet use the invoke command in
either because in the remote shell it doesn't yet have the service
interface so can't create the proxy, but if you where doing it
programatically with then API calls then you can invoke the service in
the remote node.

What i'm trying to finish now is to have all the node api calls and
shell commands all reflected everywhere across the distributed domain.
So on one node you can install a contribution, on another see that
contribution and start composites in it etc.

   ...ant