tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Laws <simonsl...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: getting domain information
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 14:35:08 GMT
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:56 AM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Simon Laws <simonslaws@googlemail.com> wrote:
>> Quick question. Ant, I notice that you've been adding more information
>> to the endpoint (domain?) registry. Also there are some operations in
>> the domain node that use some of that information to present
>> information, such as the domain composite. Is that information
>> available from a domain node without starting a composite in that
>> node?
>>
>> I'm asking as I'd like to start up a process to look into the domain.
>> Re-using that code makes sense but I don't want to have to start a
>> composite just to look at what's already in the domain.
>>

> That is exactly what i'm presently working on to try to get going
> better, at the moment some things work and others don't so its a bit
> hit and miss, mainly beacuse we didn't/don't have all the information
> in the registry, it should be going better soon as i get it finished.

Interesting. It seems that what I needed basically works at the moment
in that I can do.

node = tuscanyRuntime.createNode("uri:" + domainName);
node.getEndpointRegistry().getEndpoints().toString();

And expect to get any endpoints that are currently in the domain. I.e
the domain info is available even though I haven't "started" the node.

If this had not been the case I could of course have attacked the
registry directly however as you are adding code to do things like
construct the domain composite it seems useful to be able to re-use
that code.

> So for example if you start two shells, eg with one with mvn
> tuscany:shell -DdomainURI=uri:default, and the other in the helloworld
> sample with mvn tuscany:run -DdomainURI=uri:default, then in both
> shells if you type "services" you should see the helloworld service
> endpoint, if you type "installed" you should see the installed
> helloworld contribution. You can't yet use the invoke command in
> either because in the remote shell it doesn't yet have the service
> interface so can't create the proxy, but if you where doing it
> programatically with then API calls then you can invoke the service in
> the remote node.

At the moment I was just wanting to see what's there. I'm interested
in how the domain artifacts might map to URIs / URLs. Not interested
in actually invoking anything at the moment.

> What i'm trying to finish now is to have all the node api calls and
> shell commands all reflected everywhere across the distributed domain.
> So on one node you can install a contribution, on another see that
> contribution and start composites in it etc.
>
>   ...ant

Simon