tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From ant elder <antel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.0 Beta2 samples (was: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 Beta2 RC2)
Date Tue, 15 Feb 2011 19:37:41 GMT
On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 7:08 PM, ant elder <antelder@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 9:10 AM, ant elder <antelder@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> I have now done these. There's a beta2 branch for the release, and all
>> the trunk samples are now in contrib/samples and the helloworld sample
>> is in unreleased/samples where we can continuing with making it like
>> we want.
>>

> So how do we progress this? What do we need to change in the
> helloworld sample at
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tuscany/sca-java-2.x/trunk/unreleased/samples/helloworld-contribution/
> to make in complete and move it back to trunk/samples?
>
>   ...ant

And while we think about that helloworld sample, how shall we do
samples for other bindings?

Previously we've had helloworld or calculator type contributions for
every binding type which duplicate the entire helloworld or calculator
contribution, do we really need to do that? All the Tuscany APIs and
Shell support starting a composite xml file that is external to a
contribution, so could we use that to add other bindings without
duplicating the contribution? For example, i've added a
binding.ws.composite at [1] that you can use with the helloworld
contribution to expose the helloworld service as a Web Service
endpoint.

That seems simpler to me than duplicating the helloworld sample, but
what does everyone else think?

   ...ant