tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Edwards <mike.edwards.inglen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA 2.0 Beta2 RC2
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 08:38:02 GMT
On 05/02/2011 09:51, Florian MOGA wrote:
> Thank you for the information Ant. I was wondering more about the checks each developer
is doing
> before voting a +1. I'd like to choose a set of checks to perform myself when a vote
is called but I
> can't think of tests other than the ones that I stated earlier...

Florian,

My approach is first to examine the binary release - install it and try to run things - in

particular the samples.  Samples not working "out of the box" always concerns me since this
will
usually form the experience of someone new to Tuscany and if it does not work cleanly and
as
advertised that is a poor "shop front" for the project.  There are also cleanliness things
like the
legal stuff to check over (eg licenses).

After probing the binary release, I move on to the source release and try building that from
scratch
with an empty repo.  Given my OASIS background, I am also hot on ensuring that the build passes
the
conformance tests...

Yours,  Mike.