tuscany-dev mailing list archives

From "Yang, Gang CTR US USA" <gang.y...@us.army.mil>
Subject RE: An issue with Axis2 WS binding dispatcher - the dispatching mechanism does not support SOAP message body encryption (UNCLASSIFIED)
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 17:43:24 GMT
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Scott,

I probably will try the @WebMethod as a workaround. But in general, if
I'm programming in Tuscany as an end user, I should not have to rely on
the knowledge of the internal implementation. What if the implementation
changes?

Thanks.
Gang

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Kurz [mailto:scottkurz@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 01, 2011 12:35 PM
To: dev@tuscany.apache.org
Subject: Re: An issue with Axis2 WS binding dispatcher - the dispatching
mechanism does not support SOAP message body encryption (UNCLASSIFIED)

Gang,

I see what you're saying...

To recap, as Simon Nash mentioned, the default soapAction calculated
from a Java method will be null, unless you annotate the Java method
with:

@WebMethod(action=....)

So you're noting:

- we can't do operation selection based on the payload, since it's
encrypted
- we can't do operation selection based on soapAction in the default,
bottom-up (interface.java) case since the unannotated value defaults
to null

I'm not enough of an Axis2 expert to know if there is another
dispatcher in the Axis2 world to help us out here.   Maybe someone
else does?

But I agree it is an interesting point... as we go through a lot of
trouble to enable the bottom-up case, and now, all of a sudden, you
run into this case where unannotated Java can't be used with your
function.    But I don't have anything helpful to say on top of
that....

Scott